Public Transportation Symposium Set for February 26th
Oklahoma City Councilman Ward 2 Dr. Ed Shadid and the Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation are bringing international consultant in public transit network design and policy Jarrett Walker to Oklahoma City for a symposium on the future of public transportation in Central Oklahoma. The symposium, free and open to the public, will take place on Tuesday, February 26 at the Oklahoma City Farmer’s Public Market from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Titled “Human Transit: A Symposium and Distinguished Speaker Lecture Addressing the Future of Public Transportation in the Greater OKC Metro Region”, attendees will hear from speaker Jarrett Walker, Ph.D., author of “Human Transit: How Clearer Thinking About Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives”, published in 2011 by Island Press, and a blog of the same name. Walker will address both how transit works and how transit can be used to create better cities and towns.
Walker currently serves as a Principal Consultant for MRCagney, a Brisbane-based transport and planning consultancy that does business throughout the world. Walker also provides independent public transit consulting through his agency, Jarrett Walker + Associates.
Attendees are encouraged to RSVP via Facebook.
Tags: Central Oklahoma, Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority, COTPA, Ed Shadid, Facebook, Greater OKC Metro Region, Human Transit, Infrastructure, Island Press, Jarrett Walker, Mobility, MRCagney, Nelson/Nygaard, OAPT, Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City Farmer's Market, Public Dialogue, public engagement, Public Participation, Public Transit, Public Transportation, Transit Planning, Transit System Analysis, Transportation Planning, Ward 2
- Join ACOG for a November 18 Public Meeting at OKC’s Santa Fe Station
- ODOT, OKC Public Hearing on Proposed Boulevard November 13
- Evolving Land Use in Central Oklahoma
- Take the Central Oklahoma Transportation & Growth Survey
- ACOG Awards $61,000 to Oklahoma City, CART, Norman, Yukon for Air Quality Awareness
- RT @NWS: .@NWSCPC issues new temp/precip maps for winter (Dec-Jan-Feb): 1.usa.gov/SsNjaC http://t.co/E3oIsn8LM6 5 days ago
- RT @JRLROK: Join us in welcoming Oklahoma's new Senators http://t.co/VIkM0pDE2i 1 week ago
- RT @US_EDA: "@US_EDA helps regions build the key public infrastructure they need to remain competitive." - Asst. Sec. Williams http://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @CleanAirOKC: .@ACOGOK's got an interactive map of snow routes throughout Central Oklahoma: arcgis.com/home/webmap/vi… http://t.co/yzCeDDgZUK 1 week ago
- RT @ENERGY: #DidYouKnow The top 5 energy-producing states produce over 45% of U.S. energy. MORE: go.usa.gov/AV3F http://t.co/MhSPMMg… 1 week ago