Public Transportation Symposium Set for February 26th
Oklahoma City Councilman Ward 2 Dr. Ed Shadid and the Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation are bringing international consultant in public transit network design and policy Jarrett Walker to Oklahoma City for a symposium on the future of public transportation in Central Oklahoma. The symposium, free and open to the public, will take place on Tuesday, February 26 at the Oklahoma City Farmer’s Public Market from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Titled “Human Transit: A Symposium and Distinguished Speaker Lecture Addressing the Future of Public Transportation in the Greater OKC Metro Region”, attendees will hear from speaker Jarrett Walker, Ph.D., author of “Human Transit: How Clearer Thinking About Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives”, published in 2011 by Island Press, and a blog of the same name. Walker will address both how transit works and how transit can be used to create better cities and towns.
Walker currently serves as a Principal Consultant for MRCagney, a Brisbane-based transport and planning consultancy that does business throughout the world. Walker also provides independent public transit consulting through his agency, Jarrett Walker + Associates.
Attendees are encouraged to RSVP via Facebook.
Tags: Central Oklahoma, Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority, COTPA, Ed Shadid, Facebook, Greater OKC Metro Region, Human Transit, Infrastructure, Island Press, Jarrett Walker, Mobility, MRCagney, Nelson/Nygaard, OAPT, Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City Farmer's Market, Public Dialogue, public engagement, Public Participation, Public Transit, Public Transportation, Transit Planning, Transit System Analysis, Transportation Planning, Ward 2
- Work Towards ‘Text to 9-1-1′ Continues
- Regional Water Conservation Measures to be Discussed at Water for 2060 Hot Spot Meetings
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum hosts water education seminar
- Edmond Becomes Oklahoma’s First Green Power Community
- Six Workshops Scheduled for City of OKC’s New Comprehensive Plan
- RT @KOCOjonathan: Red flag warning! Very high to extreme fire danger right now. Be ultra careful with flame/fire/sparks outside. http://t… 12 hours ago
- Work Towards 'Text to 9-1-1' Continues wp.me/pOnx3-t6 via @wordpressdotcom 16 hours ago
- funny! RT @okmesonet: Mesonet Ticker: El Nino to the rescue?? ticker.mesonet.org #okwx http://t.co/208GsZYFYG 4 days ago
- RT @kgounews: portrait of Ralph Ellison unveiled this morning at state Capitol. http://t.co/RzxSaEuVcs 4 days ago
- RT @MooreEOC: Cleveland County LEPC meeting at the new Moore EOC http://t.co/D89mYlQPB5 5 days ago