Public Transportation Symposium Set for February 26th
Oklahoma City Councilman Ward 2 Dr. Ed Shadid and the Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation are bringing international consultant in public transit network design and policy Jarrett Walker to Oklahoma City for a symposium on the future of public transportation in Central Oklahoma. The symposium, free and open to the public, will take place on Tuesday, February 26 at the Oklahoma City Farmer’s Public Market from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Titled “Human Transit: A Symposium and Distinguished Speaker Lecture Addressing the Future of Public Transportation in the Greater OKC Metro Region”, attendees will hear from speaker Jarrett Walker, Ph.D., author of “Human Transit: How Clearer Thinking About Public Transit Can Enrich Our Communities and Our Lives”, published in 2011 by Island Press, and a blog of the same name. Walker will address both how transit works and how transit can be used to create better cities and towns.
Walker currently serves as a Principal Consultant for MRCagney, a Brisbane-based transport and planning consultancy that does business throughout the world. Walker also provides independent public transit consulting through his agency, Jarrett Walker + Associates.
Attendees are encouraged to RSVP via Facebook.
Tags: Central Oklahoma, Central Oklahoma Transportation and Parking Authority, COTPA, Ed Shadid, Facebook, Greater OKC Metro Region, Human Transit, Infrastructure, Island Press, Jarrett Walker, Mobility, MRCagney, Nelson/Nygaard, OAPT, Oklahoma Alliance for Public Transportation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma City Farmer's Market, Public Dialogue, public engagement, Public Participation, Public Transit, Public Transportation, Transit Planning, Transit System Analysis, Transportation Planning, Ward 2
- RT @CSGTransport: New blog post: With #Highway Trust Fund headed for crisis this summer, states worried about #transportation projects: htt… 15 hours ago
- RT @USWaterBlog: The TX-OK border drought is getting worse. >25% of both states are in extreme or exceptional drought: http://t.co/gNe0qFO… 1 day ago
- RT @EquipmentToday: Video: US Sec. Foxx on tour showcasing need for federal investment in #transportation #infrastructure http://t.co/Tc0TV… 1 day ago
- RT @GuthrieOK: Congratulations to Guthrie Edmond Regional Airport. They brought home two awards last week from OAOA (Oklahoma... http://t.c… 4 days ago
- RT @OkCountySheriff: It's National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week. Help us thank our dispatchers who pick up when you dial 911. http… 4 days ago